Custom Search

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hero pet rabbit saves family from house fire ... then dies of smoke inhalation

By Daily Mail Reporter

A terrible death: The pet rabbit awoke the homeowner by scratching on her chest

A pet rabbit is being credited for saving its owners from a house fire in south eastern Alaska before it died of smoke inhalation.

The rabbit woke up the homeowner in Anchorage, Alaska, early on Tuesday morning by scratching on her chest, the Ketchikan Fire Department said in a statement.

The homeowner realized that the house was full of smoke, woke up her daughter and fled the house.

The fire was brought under control fairly quickly, with four engines, a ladder truck and 33 firefighters responding.

Damage to the house from flames, smoke and water was considered moderate.

While there were no injuries to the mother or daughter, the rabbit was not so lucky.
The animal succumbed to smoke inhalation and did not survive, the fire department said.



Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Powered by Blogger